Construction Workers/Contractors

Do you work in construction and think your pay has been shorted?

It happens all the time.

Fortunately, the lawyers at AndersonDodson, P.C. know how to hold these employers accountable, and to make them pay what is owed.

Here are just a few of the construction-related pay issues we have helped our clients with in the past:

The company only pays you for 40 hours… even though you’ve worked more than 40.

The supervisor logs your hours on a handwritten form, but it’s  less than what you actually worked.

Management “promotes” you to “foreman” with a salary, but you are basically doing the same job, for more hours, and no longer get overtime pay.

The company misclassifies you as an “independent contractor” rather than an “employee” in order to save money — at your expense.

Your time is logged as if you get a lunch break but you often have to work through lunch.

You’re working on a “prevailing wage” contract, but your employer isn’t paying you the current “prevailing wage” rate.

You have to travel from site to site throughout your workday, but the company doesn’t pay for your travel time between worksites.

Your company makes you do prep work before your shift, or clean up after your shift, but doesn’t pay you for any of that time.

You do get paid for more than 40 hours but at your regular hourly rate for overtime rather than the “time and a half” rate.

Your pay is deducted as penalty for being late, for tool damage, or for safety rule infractions.

Your pay has deductions without your consent or for impermissible things

Whether you are a drywaller, carpenter, painter, sheet metal worker, roofer, plumber, electrician, mason, glazier, insulator, ironworker, tile worker, demolitionist, paver, concrete installer, or some other kind of tradesman; whether you’re “on the books” or “off the books,” paid in cash or a paycheck; a long-time tradesman or a newbie just getting started in the industry –


If you are being cheated by your employer, we can get you the money you deserve. Call us now at (212) 961-7639 or send us an email. to discuss your pay-related issues.

contact us